Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hong Kong No Rules 2013

I'm a bad blogger. 

Not a bad writer, just a bad blogger. I get swept up with life, I lose steam on my writing. I need to get back on the horse. So here I am. In Hong Kong, Semester B, 2013.

The winter holiday passed quickly and quietly. My brothers visited from the US and I got to re-experience most of Hong Kong's largest attractions over the course of two weeks. New Year's Eve involved an open bar, unlimited beef skewers, and an exclusive after-party that we missed due to the advice of an aging lesbian. It was a night to remember.

My brothers left, and a whole new crop of exchange students took their place. I stayed right where I was.
Now it's a new year, with new people to experience it with. At first, I was skeptical. Biased, maybe. I thought that nothing could top the first semester. Each day, I'm being surprised, and re-evaluating that stance. The new crew is great. Bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, primarily Canadian. I'm having a spectacular- if exhausting- time with them. It's looking to be a great semester. I'm getting to see Hong Kong through new eyes, yet again. Even when the school, the banks, the red tape that binds the entire country is getting me down, I'm happy in that I have such good friends here.

I miss home a lot, but I'm scared to go back. Reverse culture-shock sounds horrible, and I'm not sure how I'll deal with it.

Till then, there's dim sum and karaoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment